Tuesday, July 9, 2019

"Beware of suspicious articles"

One of the recommendations that I have received in working through my grieving is to have pictures of Dwayne around... for most folks, I guess, there would be pictures in their home of husband and wife, or of each of them individually... but... that wasn't the case in the RV. So, I've printed out a couple of recent pictures of Dwayne and put them up where I see them so I can enjoy his smile.

I also have been looking back through pictures - specifically I was looking at some that I collected as I was putting together the video for Dwayne's memorial service (the video can be viewed here if you would like to see it). The pictures go pretty fast as I had a lot that I wanted to show - and I culled a lot out to get it down to under 13 minutes (3 seconds per picture).

In looking at the ones I had collected, I came across one that was taken on our first trip to Israel, at Tel Aviv Airport as we were waiting to check in...
Can you read the sign?
Don't you think that Dwayne's expression looks pretty suspicious in that picture?!?!?
I miss my Dwayne so much... but I am so thankful for all the things we got to see and do together! I am particularly thankful that I took retirement early so we had the last 4.5 years to spend together in retirement... since I am soon turning 60, I realize that, had he not encouraged me to retire early, we would have missed out on that wonderful time together! How grateful I am that we had that time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment