Thursday, July 4, 2019

Fairness and Justice

I went out for dinner tonight with Kathleen and Mark and enjoyed talking about many things with them as we enjoyed hamburgers on this day when customary celebrations include "all American" choices such as hamburgers, or hot dogs, or apple pie. It was fun to think and talk about how we had celebrated Independence Day in the past - I remembered a time when I lived in northern Virginia and, with my home group from church, took the Metro into DC for the parade, followed by naps on the grass on the mall, and then watching fireworks from the Pentagon (where we saw a lightning show in addition to the fireworks and cheered for all!). And both Kathleen and I remembered having sparklers in the yard and being cautioned to be very careful - to not start anything on fire, or to poke the metal part into our eyes, or to get burned... or any of the many other things that could go wrong!

I was also thinking of a blog entry that I had partially read earlier today, and which I went back to read more fully after getting home, where my friend, Krista, had written about fairness versus justice.  I invite you to check it out here: https://chocolatefilledhope.wixsite.com/home/copy-of-in-the-balance-3

No comments:

Post a Comment