Tuesday, April 23, 2019

A busy day!

For Tuesday,
- I volunteered at Crisis Ministries this morning, but only for two hours. It was *really* busy - lots of food coming in - unsold Easter products, lots of bakery items as well as meats from the grocery stores, *and* lots of clients coming too!
- I felt bad for needing to leave early, but I had committed to attend our "IBM Lunch Bunch" (now made up of all *former* IBMers). I was really glad to meet up with these former co-workers. Pictures courtesy of Dick (who is, unfortunately, not in any of the pictures!).
Some of the participants - Nancy, Danny, Patti, Melanie
Dave, Angela, Melanie

Nancy and Nancy

Danny, Nancy, Patti

Melanie, Elisa, Danny

Donna, Nancy

Elisa, Donna, Danny

Melanie, Dave, Angela

We added up all of our years of service at IBM (and did the addition in our heads, so... it may not be correct!) - we came up with a total of 310 years of service amongst the 10 of us who were having lunch together.
- In the afternoon, I started my position with the volunteer office at SIL. We did a little brainstorming on things I am to work on, and I have a few tasks to work on tomorrow (Wednesday) while two other volunteers are not there.

A busy day, but very enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment