Sunday, April 7, 2019

What a difference a couple of days makes!

When I got to the campground on Saturday, it was sunny, edging toward hot...
I got all hooked up, electric, water, and sewer - dumped tanks in preparation for doing laundry.

Nice site!
As I mentioned in yesterday's post, after I got back from Tyler, it started raining, and it rained, and rained, and rained. I did laundry, checking the tank sensors to make sure I didn't fill up the grey tank... but it kept on showing 0% full... uh oh, are my tank sensors not working? After the third load, I thought... "hmmm, I wonder if I left the grey tank valve open after I dumped?" This isn't an awful thing to do, particularly if you're going to be producing a lot of grey water, but, normally we didn't do this... so... I went out to check.
Unfortunately there was quite a flood!

Ugh! A pond of water all around the back end of Miss Doozie.
I put on boots and checked the wet bay, sure enough, the grey valve was open, so I closed it. I want to build up grey water in the tank so that when I leave here, I will be able to use that to rinse the black tank.

Today, Sunday, one of the other Coaches for Christ rally members pulled in beside me. He mentioned that it looked like the water from his site was draining down his sewer hole, keeping his site better drained. I decided to unhook my sewer hose (since both valves are closed)...

... and after a few minutes, it is a lot drier out there... or, well, at least there's no more standing water!
I have to admit that at first, I was a little concerned that my laundry water was somehow dumping out on the ground causing the lake around the back end of Miss Doozie... I'm thankful to find out it was just because my hose was so tight and keeping the drain from taking off the water.

It has really been pouring here... I hope it clears up some in the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment