Monday, April 15, 2019

A new site...

When I plugged in to the site in the Lake Park Campground in Lewisville on Friday, I was not able to hook up our EMS (Electrical Management System) because the outlet was installed upside down.
I had plugged the cord in directly to the box without the EMS.
We have a Progressive Industries EMS that we usually plug in to the shore power so we don't get damaging electricity into the bus. Our unit is something like this one: https://www.progressiveindustries.net/ems-pt50x

When I checked in on Friday, I decided to just not worry about it, but on Saturday, there were storms coming through the DFW area, and I thought... ugh - no protection against power spikes, and it probably is not great to have my power cord upside down like that. So, I took a picture and talked to the folks at the campground on Sunday afternoon to see if they could schedule someone to turn the outlet around (I have no idea how difficult that might be). They called me later and asked if I would be willing to move sites on Monday, and I agreed.

So, I moved sites today, and now have a site with a beautiful view out my "public" side of the bus of the lake:


I am scheduled to be here at Lake Park until May 10, though that may change depending on whether I get one of the volunteer positions here in the DFW area. For however long I'm here, I'll enjoy this view!

No comments:

Post a Comment