Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Wednesday...

I had an appointment scheduled for today for a mobile glass service to replace the driver's side windshield, so I stayed around the bus.

Something was going on in the area on the other side of the arm of the lake that is near me... there were emergency vehicles over there and folks in the water... I have been looking to see if there were any news reports about a drowning, but have not seen anything. I guess it may have just been practice.

"Auto Glass Russ" came to replace the driver's side windshield.

In the process of dislodging it, the windshield got quite a few additional cracks.
He got the new windshield in... I had gotten an email from our church that our Wednesday night gathering was being cancelled because of predicted severe weather... so I decided I'd better keep my attention on that. I asked him if he had any suggestions and he said that it might be better if I reversed the rig in the site so the big front glass windows would be facing east instead of west (the weather will be coming from the west).

I thought that might be wise, so I turned Miss Doozie around and have her facing the lake now. As an additional benefit, I have a great view out the front of the bus!

Miss Kitty has shown a lot more interest in going outside here, so I've been taking her out. I don't force her to stay, and sometimes she wants to immediately come back inside, but, this afternoon, she stayed out for a few minutes, even rolling on the asphalt surface of the site.
I'm working on finding an app that will alert me about weather heading my way... I thought I had a weather app that did that, but it hasn't been doing a good job... I'm thinking that staying in north central Texas necessitates weather warnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment