Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Addictions

I have a few addictions...

1) Books - I get two emails a day with free and low priced Kindle books. I consider every single free book and if it sounds at all interesting, I order it. I have a Kindle, but I do most of my reading on the Android phone because it is always with me. I just checked and in the last two years I have gotten 1700+ digital ebooks from Amazon...

Dwayne and I both enjoy reading - I read a little faster but he reads with a LOT more comprehension (he will know that he has already read a book - I can sometimes get 1/2 to 3/4 into it before I realize that I have read it before!). I probably read 1-5 books per week. I put a comment into each book on the Kindle reader to indicate when I finished it (to deal with the situation I mentioned at the top of the paragraph) and whether I liked it or not. I used to indicate whether I thought Dwayne would like it too, but now I just tell him when I've finished the book and he can decide whether he wants to download it or not.

2) Neko Atsume - my sister-in-law's sister mentioned this on Facebook a few months ago - it is a Japanese "Kitty Collector" game to play on the smartphone. It is very low key, no running around looking for virtual critters in real life (aka Pokemon Go). You put food out, kitties come, leave you fish (the money in the game) with which you can purchase more food and goodies (games, pillows, etc.) for the kitties. If the kitties like what you put out, you get more kitties. You can take pictures of the kitties who are playing in your yard and start accumulating your Catbook. Eventually, you can save up enough fish to purchase a yard extension (partial inside area) where you can place another food dish and more gifts and collect more cats! If the cat comes frequently, he or she will leave you a gift - not of any value - like a piece of yarn. The goal is to get pictures of all of the cats and a gift from each of them.

There are some "rare" cats that come less frequently and have more distinct personalities. There are sites on the internet where people have have kept track of what these rare cats prefer (food and goodies) so you can attract them to your space.

I'm at the point now that I have collected all the cats, but not all the gifts from the rare cats yet.
Initial yard space with a couple of cats and goodies in it.

First yard expansion and a "large" goodie (the cat tree)

One of the purchase-able remodels - "Zen Style", with one of the rare cats, "Ms. Fortune" in the doorway of the cardboard house.

Another view with the whole of the Zen Style yard.
3) Internet - we both enjoy researching and watching videos on the internet. We don't have the TV sets hooked up in the bus (they take a small amount of energy even when turned off, so we have them unplugged right now) - so internet provides our television-style entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment