Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Trying out the new EF 100-400mm lens


Patti and I went out to Saguaro National Park west of Tucson to try out my new Canon EF 100-400 mm zoom lens.  It will take some getting used to as it really zooms in.  The image stabilization works better than any I have worked with as it allows me to hand hold the lens and camera and be able to take photos using long exposures such as 1/20 and 1/30 of a second and still get clear photos (for the most part as I did a lot of culling out the ones that were out of focus). 

What is my sweet heart looking at?  Maybe a bird?

My sweet heart


Patti:  "Take a picture of that bird."     Dwayne:  "What bird is that dear?"
 
We don't know the names of any of the birds, so let's call this one "a grey and white bird with a beady eye".

The same "grey and white one with a beady eye". He/she seemed to like posing.

Grey and white with beady-eye bird says:  "What is that strange lookin' one-eyed monster?"
 
 
Here is another bird.  What is that it has in its beak?
 
A view of the mountains and saguaros

The blue shrouded mountains in the distance

A black and white version of that same picture done with the editing software.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment