Sunday, April 23, 2017

Grocery pickup at Walmart

We shop at Walmart a lot - when we're traveling, we frequently stop overnight and I feel compelled to give them some business for allowing us to stay. And generally, there are lots of things we purchase at Walmart.

One thing that we get a lot of is distilled water. Many years ago, Dwayne worked for a chemical company, and, in order to provide correct mixtures of the cleaning supplies (and other things) that they made, he had to know what was in the water that they were using. He found that the water in the DFW area was pretty bad... so he started drinking distilled water at that time. When we got married, I found that the distilled water tasted so much better (really, it tastes like nothing - it doesn't have a bad taste).

So, we use about a gallon of water a day for drinking and cooking. Usually we can stock up on a dozen or more gallons at Walmart when we need it. But... yesterday when we went to the Walmart local to the campground where we are this week, they were all sold out of distilled water.

We were tired, and didn't want to run around to other Walmarts and risk that they would also be out. I had heard about being able to pre-order and have groceries brought to the car when we went to a Walmart, so I decided to try it.

It was REALLY easy! The only glitch that I ran into was that you have to order at least $30 and since each gallon of water was $.88, and I only wanted 18, my total was not $30, but I added a couple of other things that we use and get from Walmart to get the total up to $30. The first store that I picked to pick up from indicated that the earliest pickup time was late tonight, and we were down to our last gallon in the bus... so I tried another one that would be on our way from church, and they had pick up times available all day today. (I don't know what impacts the pick up times you can choose - whether it was based on availability of what I had on my order, or how many other folks have already scheduled a pick up.)

They gave us a nice "Welcome" tote bag with several sample items.
If you are interested in trying it out, use this link: http://r.wmt.co/fq1tk -- that will indicated that I referred you, and you'll get $10 off, and I'll get $10 off my next order!

A sunrise picture over the lake as we were leaving for church this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment