Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Texas buttercups

It is very close to peak time to see wildflowers along Texas highways. As I understand it, the effort to use wildflowers on the shoulders and medians of Interstates (and maybe other highways) was instigated by Lady Bird Johnson first in Texas in the 1980s, before it expanded to other states. The roadways in Texas truly have some beautiful flowers.

Unfortunately, we didn't get any pictures of the large mounds of Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrush (it was just a little early for where we were), but I did get a picture of a Buttercup that started blooming just a day or two before we left Lake Whitney.
The Buttercups in Texas, unlike where I grew up in Virginia (yellow), are pink - ranging from an almost white to a deeper rose color. The flowers are about the size of a silver dollar.

This shows them "in situ", at the base of one of the juniper trees around our campsite.
We had a busy day today, starting with getting the cats in to Coppell for their annual wellness exams (they are both considered "senior" now so both had to fast from midnight onwards... let's just say it was NOT a happy morning around the bus). Then we stopped by the house to make a list of things I needed to get from the bus, I took the cats back to the bus (and cleaned up some kitty upset empty tummy results in the carrying cases), and then I went to my dentist in Irving. Starting on Sunday, I have had a very sore tooth and it wasn't getting better, so I got an appointment with Dr Westmoreland today. He is hopeful that a round of antibiotics will resolve the problem... otherwise I will need to see an Endodontist to see if I have a cracked tooth or whether something else is going on. Please pray with me that the antibiotics will take care of it! I went back to the house and got Dwayne, he brought me back to the bus, and he has gone out to visit our friend, Mohamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment