Wednesday, May 10, 2017

What's "the rub"? - part 2

A continuation of the "chigger saga":
I posted a couple of days ago asking what "the rub" might be that my dad's rhyme said was needed after dealing with chigger bites.
http://trekincartwrights.blogspot.com/2017/05/whats-rub.html

I did a search online and found a reference that indicated that Vick's VapoRub was the "rub" to use.

I had previously been using Absorbine Jr which was my mom's solution for almost everything. Since finding that web reference, I've been using VapoRub. Some of the welts seem to be decreasing, some seem to be staying the same... but, I like the smell of VapoRub better than Absorbine Jr (and it wasn't doing much different, though Absorbine Jr definitely makes me regret scratching if I apply it immediately after!!!).


At this point, I think I'm on the "it will soon be over" stage. I suppose I can say that this experience has reminded me of my childhood, but not in a good way!

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about your itchiness made me feel itchy. I hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete