Friday, September 13, 2019

Ethnologue - part 1

Outside my office in the hallway is a display case with information about the "Ethnologue".


In 2018, the 21st Edition "Ethnologue" was published.
Because knowledge about lesser-known languages has been a focus of the Ethnologue since its inception in 1951, we are happy to be able to provide our most up-to-date information about the languages of the world each year on 21 February.








2018 - 21st edition - 3 volumes

https://www.ethnologue.com/ethnoblog/gary-simons/welcome-22nd-edition
Note that the ethnologue website allows some number of page views (maybe 20?) for free, and then requires a subscription. I have been told that with my sil.org email address, I have access for no charge, but I haven't yet figured out how to take advantage of that. I have entitled this post as "part 1" because I anticipate I'll be posting more about this in coming days/weeks - this marries my love of data with the work being done here at SIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment