Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Starting something new!

A few weeks ago I blogged about a workshop opportunity here on campus for a class on "Basic Biblical Hebrew".
https://trekincartwrights.blogspot.com/2019/08/anybody-wanna-study-hebrew-with-me.html


Today was the first day of class!


I'm starting to learn Hebrew!!!
Today I learned how to write "alef" or "aleph" א and "bet" ב



You might notice that the binding on the books is on the right side, as Hebrew is written from right to left. Copying those two characters into my blog posting made the cursor movement in my editor get wonky - suddenly using the "delete" key deleted the character in *front* of the cursor instead of behind!!!

Would you like to learn the Hebrew aleph-bet? Check out this video and sing along!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW4V2MONP9Q

p.s. I posted on Facebook as I was about to enter a college classroom for the first time in many years and asked for prayers! I heard from a lot of folks praying for me - and thank you! My first class in many years was really fun!

1 comment: