Thursday, October 3, 2019

A chili donation

The dining hall on campus keeps prices more reasonable by making use of generous donations.

This past week, we had a donation of many hundreds of pounds of frozen chili - more than we could use on campus - so we contacted other organizations that help various groups in the DFW area. Many of them came and got many boxes of the chili (each box was 30 pounds):



I took 820 pounds of chili to Crisis Ministries, the food pantry where I volunteer on Tuesdays. I took it on Monday evening when I go to Perspectives class (which is held at a church which is close-by) - the two ladies who ride with me, one a college student, and the other a very active 70+ year old, were fabulous at helping me get it unloaded and put away in freezers at the ministry. They did a fabulous job! We've been giving the chili out to all household clients of the food pantry - everybody gets to eat chili!

No comments:

Post a Comment