Thursday, October 10, 2019

4th Nomad-iversary!

October 10, 2015 was the date on which we completely moved into Miss Doozie - 4 years ago. We had both retired in 2014, Dwayne at the end of May and I at the end of July. In July 2014, Dwayne had flown to Virginia and he and my brother looked at a used RV that I had found online, Miss Daisy. We decided to make an offer on it and it was accepted, so we were starting our RV-life.

After going out in Miss Daisy for a few short trips in 2014, we left in December to spend 4 months traveling in the winter of 2014-2015. On that trip, we decided that we wanted to go fulltime, but not in that rig. So, when we got back to Dallas in April, 2015, we got Miss Daisy ready to sell, started getting the house ready to sell, sold Miss Daisy in May, and bought Miss Doozie in July, 2015. We finished getting the "stuff" taken care of in the house, and finally completely moved in and left October 10, 2015.

Here's my post from that day:  http://trekincartwrights.blogspot.com/2015/10/on-road-again.html

What wonderful adventures we had in the years of our travels! What a good home Miss Doozie still is for me! I wish it could have been longer... I am grateful for the time we had... I wish Dwayne and I could have had more time together... I'm trusting God for what is next.

No comments:

Post a Comment