Monday, November 3, 2014

Meeting up with friends from youth group

Last year, when Dwayne and I were driving back to Texas from Virginia after Ricky and Kendra's wedding, we stopped at a rest area west of Richmond on I-64. There were two ladies rooms, so I picked the one that had fewer people going into it. There was only one other lady in there, and when we were both washing our hands at the sink, I looked up and recognized Gilda, a friend that I had not seen since we were in youth group together at Providence Forge Presbyterian Church. We were shocked to see each other and to recognize each other!

We've been in touch since then, and another friend from those days, Joni, asked Jimmy to be sure to get me to get in touch with her when I was in town.

So, I let Gilda know that we would be in town, and she set it up for the three of us, Gilda, Joni, and me, to have lunch together.

It was so much fun remembering the people and good times we had in youth group!

No comments:

Post a Comment