Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Operation Christmas Child Processing Center

The Operation Christmas Child Shoebox campaign has its processing center in Dallas open again this year. They started with a processing center in Dallas for the first time last year, and the center opened for 2014 today. I signed up and volunteered today. I intended to stay only 4 hours, but I was having such a good time I was there for about 8 hours. I'm really tired now, but enjoyed it immensely.

Because I was by myself, I got onto a "line" with a family who was there volunteering. They live west of DFW - a family with 6 kids, they are homeschooled, and were a very neat group to work with. They packed 430 shoeboxes this fall!
Near the end of the day - tired but enjoying it - this was one of the daughters of the family that I was blessed to be on the processing line with.

This was "our" processing line.

The shoeboxes we processed today will be going to Guyana.
The group that I work with to pack shoeboxes (spearheaded by Janell!) packed 75 shoeboxes this year, and we hope to pack 100 in 2015. Two of my friends, Patti and Stacy, will be leaving soon to go distribute shoeboxes with Vladimir and Marijana in Montenegro.

No comments:

Post a Comment