Sunday, November 16, 2014

Swamps are beautiful?

Somehow, when I hear the word "swamp" to describe something, I would not attach an additional attribute of beautiful to it - smelly, dank, insect-infested -- but not "beautiful". But, the Cypress Swamp along the Natchez Trace definitely deserves the adjective beautiful, and there wasn't a bad small or insect infestation to be found.

Tupelo - BaldCypress Swamp (I had never heard of a Tupelo tree before)


The pictures probably don't capture the beauty, but maybe you can feel the tranquility





Dwayne coming down the path behind me

So... how do they know that insects are nearsighted? Do they have eye doctors? Is that why they need to buzz up close to my face to see me clearly?


I thought it was funny that this later sign about mammals had an insect on it - reading it perhaps, up close?


No comments:

Post a Comment