Thursday, November 13, 2014

State lines

When I was a kid, probably about 8 years old, my Uncle Carl and Auntie Anne took Granny, Jimmy, and me to Florida to visit our cousin (his daughter), Mary Jane. I remember the event it was each time we crossed into a new state. I think we stopped and took pictures at most of them.

Now, there is hardly any notice that you are passing from one state into another - just a small sign by the side of the road. The Garmin in Miss Daisy (Magnolia) tells us when we are 5 miles from the state border, so we know it is coming up, but sometimes, without that notification, we wouldn't know at all.

On the Trace, there was a stop at the state line between Tennessee and Alabama, with information about how the state borders were set.



I also found it interesting to see how Magnolia showed us - the Trek looks like a Lego's piece sitting right on the border. (We were heading towards Jeff Busby Park for the evening.)


No comments:

Post a Comment