Wednesday, March 8, 2017

"Opening Day" of the event

I guess today is the "Opening Day" of this event, although we've already been here 3 days, and attended sessions starting yesterday. The Opening Ceremonies are tonight... but I'm writing the blog entry now because we're back at the rig and I suspect I will be tuckered out later...

I mentioned on Monday's blog entry that I had gotten something nice (and that was what took up a lot of our time on Monday) - it is a Townie bike and Yakima bike rack! Here it is on the back of the Jeep. It is really a comfortable bike to ride! Now we need to get Dwayne one (the bike rack will fit two).
 We saw a hand-written note that the bike and rack were for sale when we stopped by the FMCA Information Center on Monday, so we called, took a look at it, went and got the Jeep to be sure the rack would fit, went to get money from the ATM, and, voila! we are owners of a new (to us) bike and rack!

Today was our first day to help out with the morning coffee. The "Frustrated Maestros" provide entertainment during the time that coffee and doughnuts are being served.

We had pretty steady amount of customers from 7:15-7:30am onwards (we got there at 6:15am).

Doughnuts laid out ready for customers!

I found another of the multiple choice questions - how'd you do on your answers for yesterday?

I noticed on the second sign I found (which was #10) that it indicated where the "next" one could be found (which was #1) - I wish I had noticed that on the first sign I found... anyway, #1 indicates that #2 will be near where we will be serving coffee tomorrow morning, so if I remember to look, I should be able to find it!


No comments:

Post a Comment