Monday, March 27, 2017

Sustaining power of God's Word

We've had some difficult news over the past week, not my news to share, but it has challenged me to "Bless the Lord at all time" even when I can't see the good in a situation.

On Saturday, the Verse of the Day from YouVersion was:
But I will sing of your strength; I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the morning. For you have been to me a fortress and a refuge in the day of my distress.
Psalms 59:16 ESV
This was such a comforting verse for me to come at this time.

In our Bible Reading Plan, Sunday's scriptures included Psalm 136. I have started listening to the scripture being read for my scripture reading - it makes me hear/read every single word, which, in my normal reading, I know I don't always do. Especially in a psalm such as this one which has a refrain on every verse, "for his steadfast love endures forever". Listening to the reader just puts the words on my heart in a way that reading it myself doesn't:
 https://www.biblegateway.com/audio/mclean/esv/Ps.136

I'm so thankful that God's steadfast love endures forever, even when it is hard for me to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment