Sunday, October 28, 2018

A picture's worth a thousand words

Do you take pictures of things to help you remember and/or to explain to someone else what you are looking for? I was looking at the pictures on my phone for the last couple of days, and that is what I have taken pictures of!

We need connecting pipes between these valves...

We need a new storage box to replace this one....

Or one like this (same box, different year) would also work - there are two spaces in the under-bus storage that need precisely these measurements!

This gas strut needs to be replaced - it has a code on it... should be able to find it!

But... if we can't find that one, we replaced the ones on the compartment on the other side in the recent past, and this is the code on those struts that we used for replacements. Maybe it would be easier to find?
Taking the pictures means that (1) I don't have to write down as much information and (2) I know where the information can be found... when I write on a piece of paper, sometimes the paper doesn't go with me where I need it, or I write many other things on the same piece of paper and have problems distinguishing the information that I need!

Do you have ways of remembering/communicating information that work for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment