Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Thank you for your prayers!

I am now up and running on the "new" laptop - it is again a ThinkPad, I am addicted to the trackpoint (the little red dot thingy in the middle of the keyboard). I used LapLink PCmover to move my files and applications. I haven't tried everything yet, but so far, things are working. I was a little concerned because when it had about an hour to go, it suddenly stopped on the "new" computer, and I couldn't get it to restart. But they have support via web chat and a couple of folks from LapLink guided me through what I needed to do, and the program seemed to have left a log for itself so it knew where it needed to restart.

My brother has been doing a TON of things on the bus - it has been in the shop for many days now - I need to get a list from him of ALL of the things that have gotten accomplished. SUCH a blessing to have such a smart brother who is willing to share his smarts with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment