Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Misunderstandings

Do you ever read or hear things totally differently from what the person writing or speaking meant?

I just called in to sign up for the Christmas dinner here at the campground where we are staying. The lady asked me for my name, and then asked if there was another "party". I thought, no, I'm only planning to attend this party... then she said, "significant other, spouse, husband"... I think she was beginning to think I was daft.

When we were driving across west Texas, there were signs near one town that said, "Hitchhikers may be escaping inmates." Dwayne said, "How about that, there are inmates that prey on hitchhikers so the hitchhikers are looking for a ride to escape the attacking inmates!"

These are just a couple of examples from the past few days!


2 comments:

  1. I totally understand your misunderstanding. As far as Dwayne is concerned, are you sure that he wasn't trying to be funny?

    Regards
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think that Dwayne was trying to be funny... in a similar way, we would always look with interest at "garage sales" -- trying to decide if the garage was close enough to our house to be useful. You know... if the garage is a mile or so away, it would be a pain to park there and have to walk home from it... ;-)

      Delete