Saturday, December 31, 2016

Where is VLI, VU?

We picked up a package last night that I had had sent to niece Ginny's (and Josh's) house.

I noticed a customs declaration on the package and wondered where the package had come from.

The return address was:
Borderlinx
P.O Box 63
VLI, VU



This was a clothing order that I had placed back in November from zulily.

I was surprised when I placed the order that it indicated that the items were in stock, but the shipping time would be 3 weeks (!!!!). I am so used to ordering with Amazon Prime that this was shocking! In fact, I had planned to have it shipped to the DFW area while we were there, but with the 3 week estimate on shipment, I decided to have it shipped to Tucson instead. I figured it would certainly arrive by the time we did, and it did.

So, where is VLI, VU?

I had to use the search engine online to find out that VLI is the airport code of Bauerfield International airport which is in the main city of Port Vila, which is the capital and largest city of Vanuatu.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Vila
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanuatu

I had not really looked much in to zulily before - now reading their website it sounds like they are just a front end for possibly many back end producers. It sounds like items are shipped from the producer to zulily based on orders placed, and then zulily repackages the items to send to the customer who has ordered them. Their website indicates that their headquarters is in Seattle, but distribution centers are in Ohio and Nevada. No mention of Vanuatu!

The items are ok, but I probably won't order from them again. I think I need to be able to try on styles to see what looks good on me and what size is best for me to get.
I wanted to try "tunic" tops - they seem to be popular now, and I figured they might cover some of the areas of my body that I'm not very happy about at this time. This one looks ok - unfortunately the material is pretty clingy. Right now when it is chilly, I don't mind it too much, but I suspect I will find them uncomfortable when it warms up.

No comments:

Post a Comment