Monday, December 19, 2016

Playing with maps

I have had on my "to do" list for a while to find out about "My Maps" in GoogleMaps. I have heard that I can create maps with more than 10 locations on them.

Note: if you are not aware, over on the right side of the blog page are links to maps - I try to ensure it has our current location, as well as the last few stops... and then at the bottom of the page on the right side it has my collected maps since I've been doing the blog. I can only include 10 stops in a "normal" Google Map so they are partitioned into 10-stop groupings - usually a month or so of travel.

So, while I was looking for "MyMaps", I found "Timeline" in GoogleMaps. I think this may be enabled because we have location awareness on our Android phones, but... it seems to have been tracking us (actually *me* - Dwayne probably has a separate but similar timeline) since I got the Android phone.
This is the map including all dates from August, 2014 until today.
This is the 2016 map year-to-date.

Here is the URL for the 2016 map: https://www.google.com/maps/timeline?hl=en&authuser=0&ei=MDdXWMvnCdGcmwG0q4uADg%3A4&ved=1t%3A17706&pb=!1m2!3m1!1s2016

I honestly don't know whether that will work for anyone else... if anyone tries it, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment