Friday, February 17, 2017

1964 or 1965 New York World's Fair

The World's Fair was in New York for 6 months in 1964 and 6 months in 1965. I was researching it today because I was scanning pictures again. We went to it, as far as I remember, Mom, Aunt Libby, Jimmy, and me. I don't know which year we went, I would have been 4-5 years old. I can't remember whether we took the train from Trenton (where Aunt Libby lived) or whether we stayed somewhere closer. The pictures that I have are in really good shape because they are prints from slides that Aunt Libby took, not prints from that era - so the photos were printed relatively recently.

Aren't they cute kids?!?!? And they are VIPs, too!!! And it appears that a dinosaur is sniffing Jimmy's ear!!!

There's Jimmy, and me, and Mom just behind me. I remember that I had a toy version of that U S Royal Tires ferris wheel - that another dinosaur is about to make off with! I think my toy version was battery powered and I could turn it on for the ferris wheel cars to go around it, and that it was about 10 or 12 inches in diameter. I can't imagine why I thought that would be a nice toy to have, but I'm certain that I begged for it while we were there.
I think Jimmy is enjoying driving - he looks like he is concentrating on doing a good job! It looks like Mom is enjoying the drive, but I seem to be gripping the side of the car for dear life!

No comments:

Post a Comment