Saturday, February 18, 2017

Wind maps

Yesterday we had high winds in Yuma - 25-30 MPH with higher gusts. Today we are having rain - as far as we've heard, not common here, but not unheard of either, particularly in the winter. Yuma bills itself as the sunniest city in the US, but I don't know whether they have the facts to prove that!

I was wishing that I had thought to take a look at a wind map yesterday... and looked back on the blog to find the URL... I didn't find it, so I guess I haven't posted about it before: http://hint.fm/wind/

In addition to showing the current wind speeds (indicated as a "personal art project" in the notes on the page), it has a gallery showing winds on specific days in the past - including pictures from when Hurricane Sandy made landfall and the day after.

One thing I find interesting in this as with all weather related information: how come the weather (winds) stop at the Canadian and Mexican borders? Is that the influence of the wall????

No comments:

Post a Comment