Thursday, November 28, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving!

Dear friends and family - I pray that you are having a blessed Thanks Giving day! I am indeed thankful, even though this has been a tough year, but God is seeing me through, and I know that He is faithful and trustworthy!

I saw this blog written by a friend of mine this morning:
https://blogs.bible.org/engage/susie_hawkins/the_thanks_giving_key

These sentences particularly resonated with me:
There are times when gratitude overflows out of a full heart when recognizing God’s astonishing blessings and gifts. But then there are the troublesome times, when things are not right in my world and giving thanks then becomes a discipline I must practice.
It isn't always easy for me to *feel* grateful, but I know that it is always right and appropriate. And, sometimes, the action of *doing* even if I'm not *feeling* it will bring my heart along in spite of itself!

I am blessed to be joining friends for lunch today -- not a "family" Thanksgiving (I didn't want to do that, nor did I think I could this year), but a quiet time with friends - and my friends Kathleen and Mark were so kind to realize that this is what I needed and to offer it to me!

God be with you through your day!
Patti

No comments:

Post a Comment