Saturday, August 18, 2018

Features of the blog

As I was checking things on the blog this morning, I realized I had not updated the maps since we moved on Tuesday! It is Saturday... only 4 days late in getting it done!

In case you haven't noticed, there are some features on the blog - when you view it on the computer, they are on the right side of the page. On a mobile device, they are hidden under various expandable tab locations, or you can view the web version to see them.
At the top is the current status of Miss Doozie's collection of Canadian provinces and US States.

That is followed by links to "Where we are" and a current mapping of our route. There is a facility to enter your email address which will then delivery the blog entries to your email each time there is a new one (it doesn't come as soon as the blog posts, but sometime over the next 24 hours or so). Then there is the blog archive of all the posts with an expansion of the current month's entries.

A little further down...
...you can expand the entries for various months and/or years, and then there are the routing maps of our previous segments. Google Maps only allows me to put 10 destinations into a map, so each of the maps has 10 locations and our route between them. I've been looking for other ways to keep track of our routes... maybe I'll find something else!
This is not a feature of the blog,
.... but a view of the places that we've "checked in" on the RVillage tool so far in 2018.

There are probably other tools that I could add to the blog. The "Where we are" and email subscription were added based on requests from blog readers. If you know of a feature that you've seen on other people's blogs that you would like for me to try to add, let me know! No promises, but I can try!

2 comments:

  1. Do you intend to get Miss Doozie to Hawaii some day? 😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhm... probably not!!! Though, when I was shopping for a Blue Bird, there was one for sale on the Big Island of Hawaii. It seems that, compared to the cost of a place to live, acquiring a lot to park a motor home on was a good deal, with the cost of shipping being recovered in 12-18 months!

    ReplyDelete