Thursday, October 15, 2015

Crossing the Mississippi

It is always an important landmark when we cross the Mississippi River. This time, we were on I-20 and the bridge has a lot of barriers so taking pictures as we crossed wasn't an option. So, we stopped at the Mississippi Tourist Information Center - it was time to trade off drivers and we were looking for a rest area. Unfortunately, the information center in Vicksburg is not very 'big rig' friendly, but we managed to get into the parking lot (and out) without hurting anyone!

From the back veranda of the information center, there is a nice view of the river and the bridges across it.
My sweetie getting pictures of the river traffic

Our evening accommodation at the WalMart in Forest, MS



1 comment:

  1. It is always a somber moment for me when I cross the Mississippi River at Vicksburg. I always begin thinking of the Civil War and all of the soldiers who lost there lives at Vicksburg

    ReplyDelete