Thursday, October 15, 2015

The interesting things you see...

We're driving east on the way from Texas to Georgia.

Just as we were about to leave Texas, I saw a tractor-trailer coming up at a pretty fast clip. In my rearview mirror, I could see blue smoke behind us and wondered what it was. As the truck passed us, the blue smoke was coming from it. It wasn't easy to determine at the time, but when it exited at the next exit, we could see that the smoke was coming from the contents of the trailer. The trailer was an interesting design - it almost looked like two huge metal cauldrons. The fire smelled like wood smoke.We guessed that the trucker was bailing off to try to find a way to extinguish the fire. We tried to listen to the CB to see if there was any further information, but couldn't hear anything.

When we stopped at the welcome center for Louisiana, we asked one of the other folks in there if they had seen the truck with the smoke coming out of the trailer. She said she had seen a truck stopped on the side of the road extinguishing a grass fire with a fire extinguisher. I thought I had seen a grass fire smoldering on the right shoulder after the truck had passed us and wondered if it may have lost an ember. I guess it may have and someone else stopped to get it put out.

A little while later, a tractor with a pole trailer passed us - but it wasn't pulling the pole trailer. Since the trailer was empty, it was carrying it in two pieces kinda "piggy-back" on the back of the tractor. I wish I had gotten a picture of it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment