Thursday, October 1, 2015

Driving lessons, part deux

Last year, almost this same time of year, we took our first driving lessons in Miss Daisy with Mike Stewart. Today, I had a refresher lesson with Mike (and Dwayne came along for a ride-along). We did a major "move in" to the bus yesterday, all our clothes that we plan to take with us on the road, kitchen and bath supplies, and slept in it with the cats last night. As their normal, they were up and about all night long, which means we didn't get a terrific night's sleep, but we got up early and drove up here to Sanger to meet Mike at the Wagon Master RV Park.

Mike helped me gain additional confidence with the bus and I feel good about my abilities on smaller roads and in towns. I still won't be signing up to drive in downtown Dallas, but I am much better at knowing how to make right turns. Because this vehicle has such a long wheelbase, and because the front tires are actually behind where I am sitting when driving, it takes a bit different way of thinking.

At Wagon Master RV Park in Sanger, TX

1 comment:

  1. Hi - If you are in the UK, I don't have any additional help for you. As far as I know, RV Driving School is only in the US. Their website is: https://www.rvschool.com/ and there are ways to contact them via that site if you wish.

    ReplyDelete