Saturday, September 2, 2017

Church hilarity

My friend, Candace, mother of 7 and huge advocate of adoption, recently shared these on her Facebook.

Recently the leader of our BSF Bible Study opened the lecture about Jesus feeding the crowds with this prayer that started: "Lord, I know I am more like this crowd than I care to admit..." Only we didn't know yet what her lecture was about so I thought she meant all of us ladies in the audience. 😂😂😂😂
Another time years ago, our pastor reminded us that life is a vapor and we are but dust.... and Jake who was much younger leaned over and said, "Did Pastor Josh just call us butt dust??"
When Dixie was 3 she shut her finger in a drawer and during church she stood on the pew showing everyone around us her bandaged finger by waving it high in the air. Probably wouldn't have caused as big of a commotion if it wasn't her middle finger.
After Sunday school one day Texas asked us why they would call a woman a weirdo just because her husband died. Took us a minute, but then we explained that it's the Parable of the Widow, not Parable of the Weirdo.
One time when Texas was 3 some sweet older ladies told her how precious she looked in her pretty dress. I have no idea why but she answered proud and loud, "And I'm also wearing underwear!" The ladies looked at me and I just grinned awkwardly and said, "Me too!"
Another day Xavier was holding her hand and she kept telling everyone "This is my brutha from another mutha!" 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment