Monday, October 27, 2014

"You know you're in trouble..."

As we drove from Columbus to Jacksonville, I was remembering when Dwayne and I met up with Mom in Orlando many years ago. We had arranged to get a timeshare trade there, and she drove down to meet us and stayed with us.

We went to the grocery store after Dwayne and I flew in; as we walked into the store, Mom said, "Now, I'm going to pay for this."

I thought, "Yeah, right..."

So, when I got to the checkout line, I gave my credit card to the checkout lady before Mom had a chance to do it. When she realized that I was paying for the groceries, she said, "Patricia Ann!!!"

The checkout lady said, "Uh oh - you're in trouble now."

When moms use both of your given names in a stern voice, you know you're in trouble...

No comments:

Post a Comment