Sunday, May 13, 2018

A visitor

We were sitting at the table in Miss Doozie when I saw something outside the window. We had the "day" shade down, so at first I thought it might be a dog, but then...
I saw it was a turkey! I raised the shade and got a picture through the window...

He was eating on the site next to where we are... I took these two pictures through the window and he seemed so calm and comfortable and not worried about us, but when I went to another window and opened the screen, he ran away...
I thought that was it for our visitor, but later, when I went out to the Jeep to get something, I noticed that there were two turkeys at the rig that is just up from us. I went back inside Miss Doozie and pointed them out to Dwayne... and he got his camera with the long lens, and look at the pictures he got!!!
The folks at that site have a bird feeder and the turkey is right under it - I think that's their satellite dish beyond him.

It looks like he is standing in hay, but that's how dry the grass is here...



The other one came over too...

I think this is a funny shot - straight on at his tail - and you can see his head between his legs!








Such fun to have visitors at our site!

No comments:

Post a Comment