Wednesday, May 30, 2018

More visits with friends!

We had arranged to get together with friend, Celesta, today, and what a wonderful visit we had - with conversations ranging across varying subjects including domicile and moving, eschatology (end times) and Christian theological doctrines, cats and travel! The time flew by and I'm glad we're connected by email so I can continue with my questions as time goes by!

I have some guest-photos today as Celesta sent me some that she took as well!
Celesta took some interior pictures of Miss Doozie, which made me realize that we haven't shared pictures of the inside very much... so this picture shows the "kitchen" and beyond through the bathroom into the bedroom.

A view toward the front, with Dwayne in the driver's seat. We have taken out the couch on the side behind the driver's seat. The original plan was to create a desk-type area but we haven't gotten that accomplished yet...

We enjoyed sitting outside - before noon it was comfortable to sit outside under the awning.

Dwayne and I outside under the awning.

And a picture with Celesta and me under the awning.

Then we headed over to Celesta's condo and got to meet Romeo....

And Rascal! (He was fascinated with the sound of the shutter on my phone!)
They were such friendly kitties!

Not shy like our two!

They *might* be just a wee little tiny bit spoiled...

But they let Celesta live in *their* condo with them! Isn't that kind of them? Ha!

"Where did Mommy go? Is she coming back???" Such sweet boys!

Celesta's condo from the outside

Celesta took us to a restaurant called Chocolate Maven - you might think that they would only have chocolate (which would have been totally okay with me!), but instead they have a very diverse menu with lots of interesting and delicious sounding choices.

Dwayne got a Reuben, and Celesta got a salad, but I got this Brie and Chicken Wrap - it was DELICIOUS. I took this picture to remind me to research an option on the sandwich - it could be made with chicken breast or "chicken-style seitan".
I had never heard of seitan before... I looked it up quickly while we were at the restaurant and found that it is a high protein wheat gluten meat substitute. I decided to go with chicken breast, but thought seitan sounded interesting. If you want to read up more on seitan, here are some links I found interesting:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat_gluten_(food)
https://www.vrg.org/recipes/vjseitan.htm
Since it is wheat - it has the advantage over tofu of not being a soy product (which I have difficulty digesting) but it then is completely wheat gluten, which is a problem for folks who have gluten digestion issues.

What a great day - spending it with our friend, and getting to discuss all sorts of things, and learning about something new (seitan) too!

No comments:

Post a Comment